Makes 6 servings (2½ quarts)
- 1¼ pounds boneless chicken, cubed or 2 pounds cut up chicken parts with bone and skin
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 x 1 pound 13-ounce can whole tomatoes
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ pound cooked, peeled and de-veined shrimp
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine chicken, onions, green pepper, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, thyme, rosemary, black pepper and shrimp.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer 45 minutes or until chicken is tender and flavors mellow together. ("Bone-in" chicken will need about 1 hour until it is falling-apart tender).
- Add shrimp and heat 1 minute.
- Serve with scoops of rice in wide soup bowls.