This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pryor estate in Grapevine, Texas in 1996.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 48 clams
- ¾ bottle white wine
- 2 leeks
- 1 small white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 quart fish stock
- 2 peeled chopped tomatoes
- 1 small bunch marjoram
- ¼ cup celery leaves
- ¼ cup croutons
- Place clams in saucepan and pour wine over then allow cooking until clams have opened. Drain well.
- Set aside cooking liquid and remove empty half shells.
- Chop leeks and onion then add garlic and sauté this mixture in a saucepan with good oil.
- Add liquid from clams and fish stock, tomato, marjoram and celery leaves.
- Let bubble fast for 10 minutes then remove garlic and stir claims into soup.
- Serve immediately.