Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Italian fish soup with orzo. Goes well with red wine.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 18 Minutes
- Servings: 4 – 6
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow squash
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 cans vegetable broth (14 oz)
- 1 jar Barilla Garden Vegetable sauce
- 1 pound tilapia, red snapper, or firm white fish, cut into large chunks
- ½ cup Barilla orzo
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté yellow squash, zucchini, celery, and carrots 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and garden vegetable sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add fish and orzo.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until orzo is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in seasonings.
- Tip: sprinkle with freshly grated parmigiano cheese and chopped parsley.
- Serve with crusty bread, if desired.
- Stir in 1 can (15 oz) drained and rinsed kidney beans.