Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 medium potatoes, sliced
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 2 carrots
- 1 sprig parsley
- 2 qt water
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup hot milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cover vegetables with water, add seasoning and cook until well done.
- Force through sieve.
- Heat butter until light brown, stir in flour, and let mixture cook until it bubbles and is well blended.
- Gradually add hot milk to the flour mixture and let simmer just below the boiling point until mixture is smooth and thick.
- Add to strained vegetables and let simmer until smooth and thickened.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with egg barley.