This unusual salad can be served as a dish on its own or as a side dish. Either way, it is delicious, fresh and easy to prepare.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, wedged
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed saffron
- 12oz tomatoes, wedged
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Heat the oil on a medium heat, preferaly in a large pan.
Allow the mixture to stand for a few moments until it cools down, then mix in the lemon juice.
This recipe serves 4.