Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 6 ounces sweet or hot Italian sausage meat
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 12 ounces)
- ½ cup finely chopped Onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Measure rice into large mixing bowl.
- Cook Sausage in medium skillet until done, stirring to crumble. Pour off fat; return 1 tablespoon to skillet.
- Add zucchini, Onion and garlic; cook until tender.
- Combine eggs, half-and-half, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg and ½ cup Swiss cheese.
- Stir both sausage and egg mixtures into rice; mix well.
- Turn into buttered shallow 2-quart casserole.
- Top with remaining ½ cup Cheese.
- Bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes or until set.