Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 medium zucchinis, cut into julienne strips
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp chopped fresh or ¼ tsp dried dill weed
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Place a steamer basket in ½ inch of water in a saucepan (water should not touch the bottom of the basket).
- Place carrots in the basket.
- Cover tightly and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and steam carrots 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and steam 4 to 6 minutes or until carrots and zucchini are crisp-tender.
- Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in carrots, zucchini, thyme, dill, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Cook uncovered, stirring gently for 2 to 3 minutes, or until hot.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ¾ cup serving:
- Glycemic Index: 22
- Glycemic Load: 1
- 55 Calories | 2g Protein | 4g Carbs | 1½ g Dietary Fiber | 4g Fat | 10mg Cholesterol | 61mg Sodium
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Vegetable | 1 Fat