Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 3 cups
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 zucchini, quartered
- ¾ cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- In a heavy saucepan or deep fryer, preheat oil to 350°F (175°C).
- In a blender, mix the eggs, whipped cream, pepper and salt.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl.
- Slice the zucchini into pieces 2 to 3 inches long.
- Dip the pieces into the egg mixture, then coat them with the bread crumbs.
- Carefully place the battered pieces in the oil and fry 3 to 4 minutes, until brown and crispy.
- Drain fried pieces on a paper towel.
- Repeat until all the slices have been fried.