This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cabrera Estate in Malakoff, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting Edit
- In a large bowl sifter together flour, cinnamon, soda, powder and salt then set aside.
- In another large bowl using mixer at medium speed beat sugar, brown sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs until well blended then reduce speed to low and beat in dry ingredients, zucchini and walnuts.
- Spread batter in greased rectangular baking pan and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on rack.
- When cool cover with frosting.
- To make frosting combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla and sugar and blend well until creamy.