Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In summer, when youire desperate for a new way to cook the zucchini from your garden, try these.
- Preparation: 8 minutes
- Cooking: 16 minutes
- Quick, thrifty cooking, Reader's Digest
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3½ cup zucchini, coarsely grated
- ¼ cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper, black
- Heat the butter and oil together in a 12-inch skillet over moderate heat.
- Meanwhile, quickly mix the zucchini with the flour, eggs, salt and pepper to form a batter.
- Drop tablespoonful of batter into hot butter and oil to form 6 patties 2 to 2½ inches in diameter.
- Flatten each patty slightly with the back of a spoon. Reserve the remaining batter.
- Cook the patties for about 4 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and crusty.
- Remove them to a platter covered with paper toweling and set in a keep-warm (250 °F) oven.
- Use the remaining batter cook 6 more patties in the same manner, adding 1 more tablespoon of oil to the skillet, if needed.
Nutritional information Edit
Calories per serving: 225