In summer, when youire desperate for a new way to cook the zucchini from your garden, try these.
- Preparation: 8 minutes
- Cooking: 16 minutes
- Quick, thrifty cooking, Reader's Digest
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3½ cup zucchini, coarsely grated
- ¼ cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper, black
- Heat the butter and oil together in a 12-inch skillet over moderate heat.
- Meanwhile, quickly mix the zucchini with the flour, eggs, salt and pepper to form a batter.
- Drop tablespoonful of batter into hot butter and oil to form 6 patties 2 to 2½ inches in diameter.
- Flatten each patty slightly with the back of a spoon. Reserve the remaining batter.
- Cook the patties for about 4 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and crusty.
- Remove them to a platter covered with paper toweling and set in a keep-warm (250 °F) oven.
- Use the remaining batter cook 6 more patties in the same manner, adding 1 more tablespoon of oil to the skillet, if needed.
Nutritional information Edit
Calories per serving: 225