Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings.
- 1 lb tomatoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1½ lbs zucchini or summer squash
- 1 medium red onion
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh mint or basil, chopped
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 3 tbsp flour
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp canola oil, for frying
- Place the tomatoes in a colander over the sink and strain the juices.
- Set aside.
- Grate the zucchini and onion.
- Roll up in a hand towel and squeeze out the excess moisture. This step is important — otherwise the pancakes won't be the right consistency.
- In a big bowl, combine the zucchini and onion with garlic, salt, fresh mint or basil, nutmeg, cheese, eggs, flour, salt and pepper.
- Mix to combine.
- In a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil on high heat.
- Drop ¼ cup of the zucchini batter in the hot oil. Flatten if needed.
- Let the pancake completely brown on one side before flipping to brown the other.
- Remove and place on paper towels to blot dry.
- Remove tomatoes from the colander.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the zucchini pancakes topped with tomatoes.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 120 | Fat 6 g | Carbs 12 g | Sodium 650 mg | Fiber 3 g
- WW Points 2