Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
- Yields one 18-slice loaf.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed shredded peeled zucchini
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- ⅓ cup canola or corn oil
- 2 large eggs, or ½ cup egg substitute
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick pan spray.
- Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Stir in zucchini, walnuts, lemon zest, and cinnamon.
- Combine the milk, oil, and eggs; add to the dry ingredients and mix until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread stand in the pan for 5 minutes; turn the loaf out onto a wire cooling rack.
- When cool, cut in 18 slices.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 122 | Protein: 2 g | Sodium: 206 mg | Cholesterol: 24 mg | Fat: 6 g | Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Exchanges: 1 Starch | 1 Fat