Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
- Yields one 18-slice loaf.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed shredded peeled zucchini
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- ⅓ cup canola or corn oil
- 2 large eggs, or ½ cup egg substitute
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick pan spray.
- Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Stir in zucchini, walnuts, lemon zest, and cinnamon.
- Combine the milk, oil, and eggs; add to the dry ingredients and mix until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread stand in the pan for 5 minutes; turn the loaf out onto a wire cooling rack.
- When cool, cut in 18 slices.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 122 | Protein: 2 g | Sodium: 206 mg | Cholesterol: 24 mg | Fat: 6 g | Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Exchanges: 1 Starch | 1 Fat