A traditional side-dish alternative - you can make this with other vegetables for the gratin served for dinner. Cottage cheese works for this, too while replacing the potatoes.
- 2 pounds zucchini, sliced in ¼-inch thick rounds, about 4 medium
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, 2 ounces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Butter a 10-inch pie plate or quiche pan.
- Put the sliced zucchini in a medium pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- Arrange the zucchini in the pie plate in an overlapping circular pattern.
- Season with salt and pepper between layers.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes, then bake at 475°F for another 10 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot and plain.
Nutritional information Edit
- 73 Calories | 5g Fat | 4g Protein | 3g Carbohydrate | 1g Dietary Fiber | 2g Net Carbs