Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Eggs aren't just for breakfast. This Italian vegetable omelet makes a delicious light lunch or dinner. If you are not partial to the flavor of goat cheese, substitute shredded Monterey jack or feta cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into ¼" thick rounds
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten with 2 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350 °F. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a 12-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Cook zucchini 10 minutes, turning slices as they brown. Add green onion; sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and crushed red pepper. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, until zucchini is golden and tender; transfer to a bowl, Wipe down skillet.
- Heat broiler with rack in upper level (but not the closest to heat source).
- Whisk eggs, water, goat cheese, basil and remaining ½ teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat; add egg mixture and cook 1½ minutes to set bottom.
- Spoon zucchini mixture evenly over top; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 5 to 6 minutes until edge is set and puffed.
- Uncover, transfer to broiler and broil 1 to 1½ minutes, just until top is set and lightly golden.