Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
More details at The Sneaky Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup oat bran
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice + grated zest from the lemon
- 1 tbsp oil (canola, corn or peanut recommended)
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese, fat free or reduced fat
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (unpeeled), lightly packed
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Spray the liners liberally with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, oat bran, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices, mashing out any lumps of brown sugar.
- Beat together milk and egg.
- Add lemon juice and grated lemon zest, oil, shredded cheese and shredded zucchini.
- Stir only until well mixed and all ingredients are moistened. This will make a stiff muffin dough.
- Fill the muffin cups three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Muffins should be very lightly golden-browned.
- Remove from oven and leave muffins in the pan for about five minutes before serving. # Serve plain, with butter, lite non-hydrogenated margarine or with reduced-fat cream cheese.