Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Serves 4
- 8 oz ziti (or any other fancy tubular pasta)
- 1 jar (about 6-8 oz.) roasted red peppers
- 2 Italian sausage links, about 4 oz
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme or ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Squeeze sausages out of casings, break meat into small pieces.
- Sauté over medium high heat until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, stir in garlic and thyme.
- Add pasta to 3 qt boiling water with 1½ tsp salt. Cook until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, drain and cut peppers in thin strips. Reserve juice.
- Return skillet with meat to heat.
- Add peppers, tomato, vinegar, and ⅛ tsp salt.
- Add a small amount of pepper juice.
- Simmer until this thickens and is reduced by about ½ - takes 5–7 minutes.
- Drain pasta, return it to the pot, add sauce.
- Cover the pot and let pasta stand for 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve topped with grated romano or Parmesan cheese.