Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Serves 4
- 8 oz ziti (or any other fancy tubular pasta)
- 1 jar (about 6-8 oz.) roasted red peppers
- 2 Italian sausage links, about 4 oz
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme or ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Squeeze sausages out of casings, break meat into small pieces.
- Sauté over medium high heat until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, stir in garlic and thyme.
- Add pasta to 3 qt boiling water with 1½ tsp salt. Cook until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, drain and cut peppers in thin strips. Reserve juice.
- Return skillet with meat to heat.
- Add peppers, tomato, vinegar, and ⅛ tsp salt.
- Add a small amount of pepper juice.
- Simmer until this thickens and is reduced by about ½ - takes 5–7 minutes.
- Drain pasta, return it to the pot, add sauce.
- Cover the pot and let pasta stand for 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve topped with grated romano or Parmesan cheese.