Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These are typical Christmas cookies in Switzerland. I got the recipe while doing an exchange year in Switzerland. They are good anytime of the year though!
- 3 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 250 g powdered sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cinnamon (or a little more, if you want)
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 350 g ground almonds
- Beat egg whites with salt until stiff.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix.
- Keep 1 dl of the mixture as frosting.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Roll the dough out in a ziploc bag, that's cut open (cut the two side seams so the two parts are held together only at the bottom) cut out stars or whatever other shapes you want.
- Bake for 3–5 minutes in a preheated oven at 450°F.
- When cookies are still warm, dip one side of cookies in frosting.