- Coarsely chop *two* of the bell peppers.
- Combine these with the next eight ingredients (chiles through wine) in a blender.
- Process until the mixture is a smooth puree.
- Cut the remaining bell pepper into 2" x ½" strips.
- Set aside.
- Trim meat of al fat and slice ½" thick.
- Cut slices into strips 2" long by ¼" wide.
- Heat ½ cup butter or niter kebbeh in a heavy 10" to 12" skillet, until a drop of water dances.
- Brown meat in the skillet, a little at a time and turning often, until the meat is browned evenly without burning.
- Transfer meat to a plate as it is browned.
- When all meat is browned, pour remaining fat into a measuring cup.
- Add enough additional butter, or niter kebbeh, to measure ½ cup.
- Set aside.
- Wash and dry the skillet.
- Add the onions and cook them over low heat until soft and dry, about five minutes.
- Stir the onions continuously to keep them from burning.
- Pour in the ½ cup cooking fat.
- When it begins to sputter add the green pepper strips.
- Cook two to three minutes, stirring continuously, until the pepper strips are soft.
- Add the pureed green pepper mixture.
- While stirring, heat to a boil.
- Add beef strips and any liquid accumulated on the plate to the skillet.
- Stir into the sauce to coat meat evenly.
- Reduce the heat, partially cover, and simmer until the meat is cooked to taste.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.