Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: South Idaho Press, Tuesday, November 16, 2004
- Typed by: Susan Godfrey
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 to 12 hours
- Serves 4 to 6
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into quarters (4 c)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen whole baby carrots
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium Italian plum tomato, diced
- 2½ lbs boneless beef bottom round or chuck pot roast
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 can (10½ oz) Campbell's tomato soup
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp chopped roasted garlic or fresh garlic
- 1 tsp each dried basil leaves, dried oregano leaves and dried parsley flakes, crushed
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Place potatoes, carrots, celery and tomato in 3½ quart slow cooker.
- Season roast with black pepper and place on top of vegetables.
- Mix soup, water, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley flakes and vinegar.
- Pour over all.
- Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours or until done or on high 5 to 6 hours.
- Note: to roast garlic, place, whole garlic bulb on piece of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with vegetable oil and wrap.
- Roast at 350°F for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Peel and chop garlic.