Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: South Idaho Press, Tuesday, November 16, 2004
- Typed by: Susan Godfrey
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 to 12 hours
- Serves 4 to 6
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into quarters (4 c)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen whole baby carrots
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium Italian plum tomato, diced
- 2½ lbs boneless beef bottom round or chuck pot roast
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 can (10½ oz) Campbell's tomato soup
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp chopped roasted garlic or fresh garlic
- 1 tsp each dried basil leaves, dried oregano leaves and dried parsley flakes, crushed
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Place potatoes, carrots, celery and tomato in 3½ quart slow cooker.
- Season roast with black pepper and place on top of vegetables.
- Mix soup, water, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley flakes and vinegar.
- Pour over all.
- Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours or until done or on high 5 to 6 hours.
- Note: to roast garlic, place, whole garlic bulb on piece of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with vegetable oil and wrap.
- Roast at 350°F for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Peel and chop garlic.