Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cabrera Estate in Malakoff, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- ⅔ cup fresh lemon juice
- powdered sugar for garnish
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy then add egg and flour and mix until smooth dough is formed.
- With hands shape into a ball and flatten into a disc.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make pastry and roll or press dough evenly over bottom and up sides of pie pan.
- Melt butter in microwave and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in medium bowl until blended.
- Add peel and slowly stir in butter and lemon juice until incorporated then pour into crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes then cool completely and refrigerate.
- Before serving sprinkle powdered sugar over top.