A vegetarian sandwich will be a great change of pace from a traditional sandwich.
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Two-tomato Relish (see directions below)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 6 fully cooked mild Italian sausages (1 pound)
- 6 bratwurst buns, split
Make Two-tomato Relish.
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium yellow pear tomatoes or tomatillos, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
Mix all ingredients.
Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Mix mustard and oregano; set aside.
Heat sausages in skillet as directed on package for pan heating.
Spread mustard mixture on cut sides of buns. Serve sausages on buns with relish.
- Makes 6 servings