Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 3 dozen bar cookies.
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Lemon Glaze
- To make crust, in bowl cream together butter, granulated sugar and ½ of lemon peel.
- Gradually stir in 1¼ cups flour to form soft crumbly dough.
- Press evenly into bottom of 13 by 9 by 2 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 °F for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile to prepare filling, in bowl, combine brown sugar, walnuts, eggs, baking powder, remaining ¼ cup flour and ½ lemon peel.
- Spread over baked crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven; thinly spread with lemon glaze while still hot.
- Cool; cut into 36 pieces.