Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Spice up your veggie offering with some black-eyed peas that have some kick.
- 1 lb cleaned and sorted dry black-eyed peas, cooked until tender or 5 to 6 cups cooked black-eyed peas
- 6 cups water
- 1 whole medium onion, diced
- 1 whole medium green bell pepper, diced
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 2 smoked ham hocks or meaty ham bone
- ¾ tsp black pepper (add to taste)
- 1 tablespoon salt to taste
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced, optional
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker or crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- One hour before done, remove bones and skins, scrape fat off skin and chop meat.
- Put chopped ham back in pot.