- Preparation time: approx. 20 minutes
- Recipe and photo reprinted with permission from Zespri kiwifruit
- 4 Zespri Gold (kiwis)
- 1 white celery short stick
- ½ red onion
- 10 cm of peeled cucumber
- 70 grams of surimi (or mock seafood)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- a handful of coriander leaves
- 2 tsp of freshly grated ginger juice
- Cut the hat of the Zespri Gold (kiwis), as well as their bottom part, so they can stand up.
- Hollow them with the help of a small spoon, but make sure to leave a bit on the bottom.
- Put the flesh of the fruit in a bowl and shred it finely.
- Cut the cucumber, the celery, the red onion and the surimi in small dice (ca. ½ cm) and add them to the flesh of Zespri Gold.
- Mix with the ginger juice and the chiselled leaves of coriander.
- Now stuff the Zespri Gold with the mixture and cover them with their hat.