Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stuffed Cabbage Head. Yet another I've pulled out of "The Czechoslovak Cookbook". Of course I had to add garlic to the recipe :) Also for a little extra kick you can use some spicy bloody Mary mix instead of the cream of tomato soup. I hope you enjoy this, we sure do.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground meat (whatever your prefer)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- ⅔ cup cream of tomato soup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- Remove the stump from the cabbage and discard.
- Scoop out and save the inside of the cabbage, leaving about a 1- 1½ inch shell.
- Chop the cabbage you scraped out of the inside.
- Cook onion and garlic in 2 tbsp butter over medium high heat until onion is wilted.
- Add meat and brown.
- Add chopped cabbage, salt, pepper, parsley, and tomato soup.
- Cook covered about 10 minutes.
- Drain and allow to cool, then add egg and mix together well.
- Fill cabbage with mixture (you will usually have some left over unless you pack very tight) and cover with a cabbage leaf securing with a toothpicks.
- Put broth and remaining butter in a large casserole or large pot, place cabbage in pot (open side up obviously) and cover.
- Cook in over at 375 °F for about an hour and 15 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.