Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Spiced olives. This recipe is for 6 servings.
- Either leave as they are, or cut 3 to 4 slits in each with a fine-bladed, stainless steel knife or razor blade.
- Discard any damaged .
- Pack into sterilized glass jar or jars, and cover with cold water.
- Soak for 3 days, changing water each day.
- Measure last amount of water.
- Measure same amount of fresh water into a pan and add rock salt in the proportion of ⅓ cup to each 4 cups water.
- Heat and stir until salt dissolves.
- Pack chilis into jar or jars, placing them amongst the .
- Pour cool brine on top, filling jars.
- Remove any air bubbles and seal with plastic lid.
- Store in a cool, dark place for 5 months before using.
- To serve, remove required amount of and rinse under cold water.
- Drain and place in a bowl.
- Squeeze on the juice of a lemon and pour on ¼ cup olive oil.
- Stir to blend and leave for an hour or two before serving.