Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Persian lamb and apricot pilaf.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb lean lamb fillets, cubed
- salt, pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2½ tablespoons seedless raisins, preferably golden
- 4 ounces fresh apricots or dried apricots, halved
- 2 cups long-grain rice, washed in 3 changes of water
- Heat butter in heavy pan and fry onion until golden.
- Add meat and brown on all sides.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, turmeric and cinnamon.
- Mix in raisins and apricots.
- Add water (about ¾ cup) to cover.
- Cover and simmer over very low heat 1¼ to 1½ hours or until meat is very tender.
- Stir occasionally to prevent scorching, adding water if necessary.
- Texture should be thick but pourable.
- Boil 4 cups water, add ½ teaspoon salt and rice.
- Bring to boil again and boil 2 minutes, then reduce heat, cover pan and cook over low heat 10 to 15 minutes or until almost tender.
- Fluff with fork.
- Arrange rice and stew in alternate layers in heavy saucepan, beginning and ending with layers of rice.
- Set over very low heat, stretch clean cloth over pot and place cover over cloth.
- Steam 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.