Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cabrera Estate in Malakoff, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 heads purple Belgian endive
- 4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons capers chopped
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Arrange 4 endive leaves on each of 4 chilled salad plates.
- Coarsely chop the remaining leaves and make a bed of them on the arranged leaves.
- Combine vinegar, crabmeat, tarragon, olive oil, mayonnaise, capers, tabasco and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide crab mixture equally among the plates mounding it on the beds of chopped endive.
- Serve immediately.