Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Zambian chicken stew. Serves 4 - 6.
- 1 fryer chicken, cut up
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, sliced or chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted peanuts finely ground or ⅓ cup peanut butter
- Fry chicken pieces in hot oil in a heavy stewing pan until well browned.
- Drain chicken and set aside.
- In same oil, sauté onion until golden brown.
- Add water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Return chicken pieces to pan and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add ground nuts or peanut butter and continue cooking until chicken is tender.