Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Potato soup Zagorje-style
- 1.5 lb (700 g) potatoes
- 2 oz (50 g) margarine
- 2 oz (50 g) smoked bacon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 fl. oz (200 ml) smetana
- 1 tablespoon of the following mixed spices:
- sweet red paprika and flour
- 35 – 40 fl. oz (1 l) water
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Finely slice the bacon.
- Chop onion, garlic and parsley.
- Heat the margarine and saute the sliced bacon and onion, sprinkle with sweet red paprika and add prepared potatoes, mixed spices, marjoram, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Dust with flour, stir well and add an appropriate amount of water.
- Boil gently until potates are soft.
- Then puree the soup, add the smetana, chopped parsley and garlic, vinegar to taste.
- Bring briefly to the boil and serve.