Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Zagareliai are delicate pastry dough cookies, deep fried in fat.
- Knead ingredients together.
- Beat dough with a rolling pin, folding the dough towards the center until blisters begin to form on dough.
- Cool dough to set.
- Roll ⅛ inch thick.
- Using a pastry cutting wheel, cut into 4" to 5" long and 1" wide strips.
- Make a slit lengthwise in the center of each strip and slip one end of the strip through this slit.
- Bring fat to a boil in a shallow, wide pot.
- Remove from heat and add one Tbsp whiskey or a few slices of raw potato to prevent pastry strips from burning. The fat will bubble up with this addition.
- Wait until bubbling action stops, then put back on heat and bring to a boil.