Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Zaalouk, or Eggplant salad, is an authentic Moroccan dish that mixes the complimenting tastes of Africa well. Delicious! This recipe serves 4.
- 1 kg eggplant
- 500 g tomatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- black olives
- preserved slice lemon
- Cook the eggplant, complete with skin, in salt water for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Cut the tomatoes however you wish.
- Add the red pepper, cumin, garlic, salt and lemon juice and cook them in the pan for about five minutes.
- When the egg plant is almost cooked, drain any excess water off and add to the tomatoes.
- Stir gently over a medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Leave the mixture to cool before serving.