Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a recipe I obtained from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hager estate in Canton, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by catsrecipes y-group
- 6 large ears white and yellow corn shucked
- 2 cups shelled lima beans
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 4 slices bacon cooked until crisp then well drained and minced
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt then blanch corn and cook just until tender then remove and set aside.
- Cook beans in same water for about 3 minutes then drain.
- When corn is cool enough to handle cut kernels from cobs and toss with beans.
- In a clear jar with a lid shake together tarragon, bacon, vinegar and olive oil.
- Shake well then pour over corn mixture.
- Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.