This is a recipe I obtained from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hager estate in Canton, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by catsrecipes y-group
- 6 large ears white and yellow corn shucked
- 2 cups shelled lima beans
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 4 slices bacon cooked until crisp then well drained and minced
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt then blanch corn and cook just until tender then remove and set aside.
- Cook beans in same water for about 3 minutes then drain.
- When corn is cool enough to handle cut kernels from cobs and toss with beans.
- In a clear jar with a lid shake together tarragon, bacon, vinegar and olive oil.
- Shake well then pour over corn mixture.
- Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.