Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kids love chocolate, but you can’t always let them indulge in it. carob powder is a healthy alternative to cocoa, chocolate and coffee because it has high B complex and A vitamins. This recipe uses carob powder instead of chocolate, and the end result tastes just as good!
- 1 cup carob powder
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons dry milk powder
- ⅔ cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- ½ teaspoon grated orange rind
- Mix the carob powder and water in a saucepan. Let it boil over low heat while stirring continuously.
- When the mixture starts boiling, add in the honey and Peanut butter.
- Continue stirring, and cook until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Turn off the heat and then let the mixture cool.
- In the meantime, put the wheat germ, Oats, milk powder, coconut and grated orange rind in a bowl and mix them all together.
- Pour enough honey and carob mixture in the bowl and mix until you get a dough-like mixture.
- If there’s any honey and carob syrup left, put it in the fridge.
- You can use it in milk shakes or as icing on brownies.
- Here’s where you can let your kids participate --
- Take about a spoonful of your dough and make a small ball by rolling it between your palms.
- You can also flatten the dough (1/2-inch thick) and use assorted cookie cutters to make different shapes.
- If you don’t have a cookie cutter, let your kids draw basic shapes on a sturdy board.
- Cut out the shapes they make and trace it on wax paper or aluminum foil.
- Then cut out the wax paper or aluminum foil and gently place it on top of the rolled out dough.
- Using a bread knife, cut around the improvised shape.
- When you’re done making balls or cutting out shapes out of the dough, place them on a flat tray and refrigerate for an hour or so.