This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cabrera Estate in Malakoff, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup bananas mashed
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour rectangular cake pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy then add eggs and vanilla and blend thoroughly.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Stir in bananas and pecans then spread in pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool and frost with frosting.
- For frosting combine all ingredients and blend well.