Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cabrera Estate in Malakoff, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup bananas mashed
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour rectangular cake pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy then add eggs and vanilla and blend thoroughly.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Stir in bananas and pecans then spread in pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool and frost with frosting.
- For frosting combine all ingredients and blend well.