- 1/4 cup broken Wheat (bulgur)
- 1/4 cup quick rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Apple, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Clean, wash and drain the broken Wheat. Heat the butter in a pressure cooker and sauté the broken Wheat in it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the Oats and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Add the Sugar and Apple pieces while the porridge is hot. Mix well.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Tip: You can use jaggery instead of Sugar