Purchased from the Wells Estate in Canton, Texas in 1987. Dated 1932. My family are Potato freaks. When I made this I scored a home run. It is now a weekly side dish in our household. I also serve it at our card parties but tripling the recipes. It gets gobbled up every time.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan, and cover with water.
- Add a little salt and bring water to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook until tender but still firm.
- Drain and return to stove top over low heat for a minute or two to dry the potatoes.
- Use a Potato masher to mash until smooth.
- Stir in cream cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper and butter.