Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 2 cups arborio rice
- ½ cup mushrooms, quartered
- ½ cup sliced asparagus
- ½ cup diced zucchini
- ½ cup diced yellow squash
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup broccoli florets
- Bring the stock to a boil, and then turn off hrat.
- Meanwhile heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Sauté the tomato, onion, and garlic until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the saffron.
- Add the rice, and stir to coat with oil.
- Ladle hot stock over the rice until covered.
- Simmer, stirring constantly, until stock is absorbed.
- Repeat until stock is used up or the rice is cooked (slightly al dente), 15 – 20 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms, asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper, and broccoli.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pan until the vegetables are warmed through.
Nutritional information Edit
- 556 calories | 17g pro | 83g carb | 16g fat(26%)
- Exchanges: 2 veg | 4.9 bread | 1 meat | 2.7 fat