Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Bowers Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1994. Dated 1947.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 4 cups spicy catsup
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2½ sticks butter
- Add the onion and ½ cup of the juice to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium-size saucepan.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.