Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2¼ cups (8 oz) 225 g self raising (self rising) flour
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) 4 oz butter
- 8 oz oatmeal
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 8 oz treacle (molasses)
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- ½ cup (4 oz) 125 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 gill milk (¼ pint)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Rub the butter into the sieved flour, then add the rest of the dry ingredients, the treacle, milk and beaten egg.
- Mix well together.
- Put the mixture in a prepared shallow tin and cook in a slow oven for about 2 hours.
- When cool , cut into squares.