Spicy beef, scallion soup
- 1 lb beef (any part for quick cooking), 2 inches julienne
- ½ lb bean sprouts
- ½ cup gosari (packaged fern brake in water), drained
- 2 green onions, 1 inch bias cut,
- 3 tbsp Korean chili powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- salt, pepper
- 8 cups water
- In a big pot, sauté beef with soy sauce, sesame oil, and chili powder for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add water and bean sprouts, cover lid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cook for 20 minutes, add fern brake, cook for another 20 – 30 minutes until beef gets tender.
- At the last minute add green onions, salt and pepper to taste.