Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
When made in bulk, this chili can readily be frozen.
- 6 to 12 chilies
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 pack soy or textured vegetable protein (12oz)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- ½ tsp red pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 12 cups water
- Wash, stem and remove seeds from the chilies.
- Put chilies in 3 cups cold water and bring to a boil.
- After about 45 minutes to an hour the skins should slip off easily.
- Mash the pulp into a paste.
- If this seems too difficult, you can substitute chili powder at the ratio of 1 tablespoon chili powder to a pod of chili.
- Read the instructions on the soy or TVP package to see if the product was soaked beforehand.
- If not, use some of the water to prepare this ingredient.
- Saute the onions in the olive oil until translucent.
- Add the garlic and spices , then the 12 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, then add the nuggets.
- Reduce to a simmer, cook for 30 minutes to an hour.
- If this seems too runny, you can thicken with masa, the cornmeal flour used in tortillas.
Nutritional information Edit
Total calories per serving: 163, Fat 4 grams.