Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is the recipe for injera made from t'ef flour off Exotic Ethiopian Cooking
- Sift t'ef into deep mixing bowl.
- Add water gradually and working with your fingers to avoid lumps.
- Work into a dough.
- In another pot dissolve yeast in some warm water.
- Add to the flour.
- Leave the dough uncover until fermentation starts (the teff will rise to the top), 2 or 3 days.
- Discard the water.
- Separately boil cups of water.
- Add 1 cup of the dough to the boiling water.
- Put on the stove (make sure it's warm), and stir continuously.
- When it becomes thick, remove and cool down.
- Return to the original pot.
- Add more water, cover and let st d until it rises.
- Now you are ready to finally cook the thing preheat a n to about 420°F (use a non-stick pan or a pancake pan).
- Pour about 4 cups of the mixture into the pan, starting at the edge and going in circles towards the center.
- Cover and cook for 2 – 4 minutes.
- The rim of the injera will rise when it's done.
- Remove immediately.