Makes 4 servings.
- 1 avocado, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tomato, diced (about ¾ cup)
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ pounds fillets (cod, sole, or halibut)
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
- salt and ground black pepper
Yellow rice Edit
- enough rice to make 2 cups cooked
- replace water with chicken broth
- pinch of saffron or ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Combine avocado, tomato, onions, lemon juice, oil, pepper sauce and salt; set aside.
- Place on lightly buttered shallow baking pan. Brush with butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil 2 to 3 inches from heat about 5 to 8 minutes or until flakes easily.
- Transfer to serving plate.
- Top with avocado mixture and serve with yellow rice.
- Serve with additional hot pepper sauce, if desired.