- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1½ cups yellow pear tomatoes, halved
- 1½ cups orange cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, cut into slender ribbons
- To make the vinaigrette, in a small bowl, combine the vinegar and shallot and let stand for fifteen minutes.
- Add the olive oil, salt and pepper and whisk until well blended.
- In a large serving or salad bowl, toss together all the tomatoes.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the tomatoes, add the basil shreds and toss gently to mix well and coat evenly.
- Serve immediately.