Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Yield: 8 servings, ½ each
- 4 small cantaloupes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp sweet wine (a muscatel or port)
- 1 or 2 sprigs mint
- About 3 hours before serving, prepare the syrup.
- Boil the syrup ingredients together for 5 minutes.
- Strain through a cheesecloth and cool.
- Serrate 4 small cantaloupes (or any small ) zigzagging across center with a knife to give uniform halves.
- Remove seeds.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Pour 2 tbsp sweet wine (a muscatel or port) in each half.
- Fill each with ¼ cup watermelon balls.
- Pour about 2 to 3 tbsp syrup over each.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- Garnish with 1 or 2 sprigs mint.
- Serve on salad plates.