Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Mazurca dospita in apa
- 13 yolks
- ½ cup warm melted butter
- ½ cup tepid milk
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 oz / 25 g yeast
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- flour as needed
- Mix the yeast with 1 teaspoon sugar, pour the tepid milk and a little flour to obtain a dough starter.
- Let it rise a little.
- Then add yolks beaten with sugar and tepid butter, salt and vanilla.
- Knead with flour the same way as for sweet breads.
- Put this dough into a cloth or fabric sack, tie tightly (but leave room for the dough to rise) and submerge into a large pot or bucket with cold water.
- Leave it this way from morning till evening (or from the preceding evening to the next day).
- When the dough has risen enough, bring it to the surface of the water.
- Remove from the cloth, place on the pastry board and shape into little pretzels, small figure eight (8) or snails.
- Place on the baking sheet, leave ½ hour in a warm place, wash with egg (they may be sprinkled with ground walnuts or ground blanched almonds).
- Bake at medium heat.