In Romanian: Fursecuri cu drojdie de bere
- 4 yolks
- 1 egg white
- 5 oz / 150 g butter or lard
- ½ cup milk
- walnut-sized piece of yeast (cake)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons ground walnuts
- 2 - 3 tablespoons sugar
- Soak the yeast in milk, add yolks, butter, salt and then flour.
- Knead into a stiffish dough.
- Put the dough into a cloth or fabric sack, tie well but in such a way to leave room for the dough to rise.
- Submerge the dough thus prepared into a large pot with cold water and leave for 4 – 5 hours.
- The dough tied in the cloth will surface above the water.
- Remove the dough and roll into a thin sheet.
- Cut into 3 inches long and 1 inch wide strips.
- Roll each strip in egg white and then in ground walnuts mixed with sugar and shape into a crescent dumpling like this: hold the strip by the ends with both hands.
- Twist one end in one direction and the other end in the opposite direction and then bend to make a crescent.
- Place onto the greased baking sheet. Bake at medium heat.