Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Fursecuri cu drojdie de bere
- 4 yolks
- 1 egg white
- 5 oz / 150 g butter or lard
- ½ cup milk
- walnut-sized piece of yeast (cake)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons ground walnuts
- 2 - 3 tablespoons sugar
- Soak the yeast in milk, add yolks, butter, salt and then flour.
- Knead into a stiffish dough.
- Put the dough into a cloth or fabric sack, tie well but in such a way to leave room for the dough to rise.
- Submerge the dough thus prepared into a large pot with cold water and leave for 4 – 5 hours.
- The dough tied in the cloth will surface above the water.
- Remove the dough and roll into a thin sheet.
- Cut into 3 inches long and 1 inch wide strips.
- Roll each strip in egg white and then in ground walnuts mixed with sugar and shape into a crescent dumpling like this: hold the strip by the ends with both hands.
- Twist one end in one direction and the other end in the opposite direction and then bend to make a crescent.
- Place onto the greased baking sheet. Bake at medium heat.