Leftover dough makes delicious buns for breakfast.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 large egg plus 2 large egg yolks (well beaten)
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
2. Remove from the heat and cool to lukewarm.
5. Stir in 3 and 1/2 cups of the flour, 1 cup at a time, stirring well each time.
6. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead, until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes, adding as much of the remaining flour as needed to prevent sticking.
7. Place the dough in a buttered bowl and coat it with butter.
8. Cover with a cotton kitchen towel and let rise in a warm place, keep it until doubled in bulk, for about 1-2 hours.
9. Punch the dough down and knead for a short time before using.
10. Makes enough dough of the size you wish to serve.