Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Leftover dough makes delicious buns for breakfast.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 large egg plus 2 large egg yolks (well beaten)
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
2. Remove from the heat and cool to lukewarm.
5. Stir in 3 and 1/2 cups of the flour, 1 cup at a time, stirring well each time.
6. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead, until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes, adding as much of the remaining flour as needed to prevent sticking.
7. Place the dough in a buttered bowl and coat it with butter.
8. Cover with a cotton kitchen towel and let rise in a warm place, keep it until doubled in bulk, for about 1-2 hours.
9. Punch the dough down and knead for a short time before using.
10. Makes enough dough of the size you wish to serve.