Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Soup of the Pastures
- 4 cups of chicken/vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons rice, washed and drained
- 1 cup natural full-fat yogurt
- 1 dessertspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon dried mint leaves
- Bring the salted stock and rice to the boil, then simmer until it is cooked.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, stir the flour into the yogurt and mix until smooth.
- Slowly whisk one cup of hot stock into the yogurt one spoonful at a time to prevent curdling.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the stock and rice.
- Stir and reheat gently until the soup has just thickened.
- Add salt to taste.
- Top the soup with a knob of butter.
- Sprinkle with dried mint leaves and serve.